The staff of Cheer Xpress are all highly qualified within their field. All of our coaches have been members of competitive cheer, dance or tumbling teams and many went on to be on their college teams. Our coaches are safety certified, USASF credentialed in Tumbling, Stunting & Tosses Levels 1-5, and are always continuing their education. Many of our staff members are also trained and certified through the Asthma Association and Heads Up Concussion Training. It is important to the CX coaches to give professional and personal attention to each and every student. The coaches assist the students with goal-setting and go beyond to help their students reach their goals.
“It’s so exciting to see a student master a new skill and they can’t wait to show their parents! It feels great to know you helped them achieve their goal and for them to see the results of hard work and dedication!” – Courtney, CX Co-Owner
Karen Yontz-Capoun / Owner, Director & Coach
- Contact: email@example.com
- Karen has over 35 years of teaching experience in Cheer, Dance & Tumbling in Nebraska and in Florida. She is the director over all CX programs and coaches competition cheer teams in Lincoln and Beatrice, rec cheer and our special needs team. Karen is US All-Star Federation certified in Levels 1 through 5. Karen attended the University of Nebraska as a dance major and was involved in dance, tumbling and cheer while growing up. She has a lot of choreography experience, working with numerous cheer & dance teams, musicals, show choirs, pageants and a USO tour. Karen has owned dance studios in Lincoln and Florida and is the owner of the Cheer Xpress locations in Lincoln and Beatrice. Karen has received the “Featured Teacher” Award and “Excellence in Teaching”. Her choreography has won many regional and national titles. Karen was the cheer coach at Pius X High School in Lincoln for 4 years. She attends many coaching conferences and has attended and graduated from JamU Cheer coaches Conference every year since 2012. She is the mother to Courtney and Kyle Capoun.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Courtney has over 15 years of coaching experience in cheer, dance & tumbling. She is the director of the CX competition teams. Courtney is credentialed through the US All-Star Federation (USASF) Levels 1 through 5 in stunting, tosses & tumbling and is a Professional Member of the Program. She has been a member of the USASF Midwest Regional Advisory Board since 2014 and also one of the few people selected from across the nation for the Class of 2014-2015 USASF Leadership; Mentoring Leaders Program. While serving on the Mentoring Leaders Program, Courtney along with a small group created National All-Star Cheer & Dance Day that beginning in 2015 will be celebrated each year across the world! Courtney coaches our All-Star teams, as well as rec cheer, tumbling and our special needs team. Courtney has 19 years of training in cheer, dance and tumbling while growing up, winning many national titles. She was a member of the University of Nebraska Scarlets Dance Team and has a Degree in Inclusive Early Childhood Education (infancy through 3rd grade) with an emphasis in Special Education. Courtney does choreography for many of our CX teams as well as local high schools, and her choreography has won many awards on the regional and national level. Courtney attends many conferences and training sessions across the country. She has attended and graduated from JamU Cheer Coaches Conference every year since 2012 and recently attended the USASF Midwest Coaches Conference. Courtney judges for competition companies as well as many local college and high school competition and tryouts. In April 2015, Courtney was awarded the COA Cheer & Dance National Coach of the Year Award! Courtney is also currently, a nation wide course instructor for the USASF BOLT (Bettering our Leaders of Tomorrow) program, where she gets to work with high school cheer & dance athletes from all over the country every summer.
Pamela Lester / Office Manager
- Contact: email@example.com