The staff of Cheer Xpress are all highly qualified within their field. All of our coaches have been members of competitive cheer, dance or tumbling teams and many went on to be on their college teams. Our coaches are safety certified, USASF credentialed in Tumbling, Stunting & Tosses Levels 1-5, and are always continuing their education. Many of our staff members are also trained and certified through the Asthma Association and Heads Up Concussion Training. It is important to the CX coaches to give professional and personal attention to each and every student. The coaches assist the students with goal-setting and go beyond to help their students reach their goals.
“It’s so exciting to see a student master a new skill and they can’t wait to show their parents! It feels great to know you helped them achieve their goal and for them to see the results of hard work and dedication!” – Courtney, CX Co-Owner
Karen Yontz-Capoun / Owner, Director & Coach
- Contact: [email protected]
- Karen has over 35 years of teaching experience in Cheer, Dance & Tumbling in Nebraska and in Florida. She is the director over all CX programs and coaches competition cheer teams in Lincoln and Beatrice, rec cheer and our special needs team. Karen is US All-Star Federation certified in Levels 1 through 5. Karen attended the University of Nebraska as a dance major and was involved in dance, tumbling and cheer while growing up. She has a lot of choreography experience, working with numerous cheer & dance teams, musicals, show choirs, pageants and a USO tour. Karen has owned dance studios in Lincoln and Florida and is the owner of the Cheer Xpress locations in Lincoln and Beatrice. Karen has received the “Featured Teacher” Award and “Excellence in Teaching”. Her choreography has won many regional and national titles. Karen was the cheer coach at Pius X High School in Lincoln for 4 years. She attends many coaching conferences and has attended and graduated from JamU Cheer coaches Conference every year since 2012. She is the mother to Courtney and Kyle Capoun.
Courtney Capoun / Assistant Gym Director, Competition Teams Director & Coach
- Contact: [email protected]
- Courtney has over 15 years of coaching experience in cheer, dance & tumbling. She is the director of the CX competition teams. Courtney is credentialed through the US All-Star Federation (USASF) Levels 1 through 5 in stunting, tosses & tumbling and is a Professional Member of the Program. She has been a member of the USASF Midwest Regional Advisory Board since 2014 and also one of the few people selected from across the nation for the Class of 2014-2015 USASF Leadership; Mentoring Leaders Program. While serving on the Mentoring Leaders Program, Courtney along with a small group created National All-Star Cheer & Dance Day that beginning in 2015 will be celebrated each year across the world! Courtney coaches our All-Star teams at both Lincoln and Beatrice locations, as well as rec cheer, tumbling and our special needs team. Courtney has 19 years of training in cheer, dance and tumbling while growing up, winning many national titles. She was a member of the University of Nebraska Scarlets Dance Team and has a Degree in Inclusive Early Childhood Education (infancy through 3rd grade) with an emphasis in Special Education. Courtney does choreography for many of our CX teams as well as local high schools, and her choreography has won many awards on the regional and national level. Courtney attends many conferences and training sessions across the country. She has attended and graduated from JamU Cheer Coaches Conference every year since 2012 and recently attended the USASF Midwest Coaches Conference. Courtney judges for competition companies as well as many local college and high school competition and tryouts. In April 2015, Courtney was awarded the COA Cheer & Dance National Coach of the Year Award!
Pamela Lester / Office Manager
- Contact: [email protected]
- Julian coaches All-Star Teams and is a Tumbling coach atCheer Xpress. He is USASF certified in Levels 1 through 5 and recently attended and graduated from JamU Cheer Coaches Conference. Julian started his cheerleading career at Andale High School where he cheered for 2 years and attended the ICA Nationals in Nashville, TN and COA Nationals in Minneapolis, MN in 1995. In 1996-1997, Julian attended Butler Country Community College where he cheered and was the Top Gun Stunter at NCA College Camp. From 1997-2001, Julian attended the University of Nebraska, where his cheer team competed at UCA College Nationals every year, and placed in the Top 10 all four years. He was the captain from 1999-2001. In 2000, Julian was given the opportunity to coach in Hamburg, Germany for six months. There he coached for the Hamburg Blue Angels All Star program and coached three teams. His Coed team placed third at German Nationals and his All-Girl Team placed second at German Nationals and fifth at European Nationals. After college, Julian coached for many High School programs in Lincoln, including Pius X and Lincoln Christian High Schools. For the past six years, Julian has been coaching at All-Star programs in the area, and joined the coaching staff at Cheer Xpress in December, 2013. Julian’s daughters, Haiden & Tenley, and wife, Ashley are all involved at Cheer Xpress. Haiden is a member of two teams at Cheer Xpress and Tenley will be starting tumbling in the fall. Julian loves spending time with his family and wife Ashley, when not at the gym.
- John joined the coaching staff at Cheer Xpress in 2013 and coaches competition teams tumbling, tumbling classes & private lessons. Her is the current Assistant Coach for the University of Nebraska Men’s Gymnastics team. John currently coaches 2012 NCAA Floor All-American Grant Perdue (Currently 12th in the Nation on Floor). He has coached athletes to 3 school records at the University of Nebraska and has coached junior and elite Level gymnastics for 10 years. John was a full scholarship gymnast at the University of Nebraska and a 4 year Lettermen for the Nebraska Men’s Gymnastics team. He was the 2nd Husker to ever qualify for finals at the prestigious Winter Cup Competition and holds the Vault record at Nebraska for the old scoring system. John has 6 Career titles in NCAA competitions, was the 2010 Hartung Award winner (top award at Nebraska for male gymnasts), the 2009 Most Inspirational Award as an athlete and 2008 Most improved Award as an athlete. John was a past Junior National Team Member and a 3 time All-Around North Carolina State Champion (numerous event titles). John helped coach the Cheer Xpress Level 5 team to a bid invitation to compete at the 2013, 2014 & 2015 Cheerleading World Championships.
- Alex has been a coach at Cheer Xpress since 2010 and coaches competition cheer teams, tumbling, rec cheer classes and many private lessons. Alex recently graduated from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, in December 2013, with a degree in Elementary Education and an endorsement in coaching. She is a 4th grade teacher at Hill Elementary, in addition to coaching at Cheer Xpress. Alex is USASF credentialed and certified through the USASF in Levels 1 through 5 in both tumbling and stunting. Alex started with dance and gymnastics when she was 3 years old and danced competitively while living in Lincoln and also cheered competitively while living in Idaho. Alex attended McCook Senior High School in McCook, NE where she was a Varsity cheerleader for 4 years. In her spare time, Alex travels around Nebraska teaching choreography camps for a variety of high schools during the summer. Alex is always continuing her education and has attended and graduated from JamU Cheer Coaches Conference every summer since 2012 and also attended the USASF Midwest Coaches Meeting & Conference in summer 2014.
- Will is a tumbling coach at Cheer Xpress and is USASF Credentialed in Levels 1 through Level 5. Will is a former collegiate cheerleader in South Dakota & Missouri. He was a UCA Summer Camp Instructor for many years and worked many UCA competitions. Will has over 11 years of cheerleading, tumbling, physical fitness and martial arts experience. Besides spending time at Cheer Xpress, Will currently works for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and is the owner of Will-Power Fitness doing personal training. Will attended and graduated from JamU Cheer Coaches Conference & Training in the Summer of 2013.
- Contact: [email protected]
- Kelly has over 14 years of training experience at Cheer Xpress and has been a coach for 7 years. Kelly is a second year member of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Spirit Squad Cheer Team. She was the Runner Up for the 2012 America’s Best National Athlete of the Year Cheer Competition, an award based on skills, academics, school and community involvement. Kelly coaches competition cheer, rec cheer, tumbling and special needs cheer. She has won numerous national titles as well as a CX “Shining Star” Award & Scholarship winner. Kelly was the Overall Top All-American Award winner at NCA cheer camp in 2011, and received the All-American Award 2012 with her Lincoln Southwest Varsity cheer team. She was the Summer 2012 Nominee for the National Cheer Campaign “The Face of Twisted” and was the Cheer Xpress 2013 “Special Angel Award & Scholarship” recipient for mentoring & service.
- Kelsey has been involved with Cheer Xpress for the past 10 years and has 7 years of coaching experience. She coaches competition cheer teams, tumbling and rec cheer classes. Kelsey is USASF credentialed in Levels 1 through 5 in tumbling and stunting. She attended and graduated from JamU Cheer Coaches Conference in the summer of 2012. Kelsey was a member of the very first Cheer Xpress team and competed for CX for 5 years and and cheered for her high school team at Lincoln Southeast. Kelsey graduated from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with a degree in Early Care and Education (birth through Kindergarten). Kelsey also currently works at Educare of Lincoln teaching preschool.
Kaitlin Nowak / Coach
- Kaitlin has been a CX coach since 2011 and currently coaches competition cheer teams, tumbling and rec cheer classes. Kaitlin is a former Level 5 competitive cheerleader and was a member of her high school cheer team for 4 years in Omaha.
- Bradyn has been a coach at Cheer Xpress since the fall of 2013. She coaches rec cheer and tumbling classes. Bradyn is a second year member of the University of Nebraska Spirit Squad Cheer Team and is a former gymnastics coach.
- Maggie has been a Cheer Xpress coach since 2012 and coaches All-Star Teams, Tumbling and Rec Cheer classes. She is an ACSM Certified Personal Trainer and currently trains clients at UNL’s Rec center. Aside from coaching at CX, she also coaches cheer at Pius X High School. Maggie is a former Universal Cheerleaders Association Summer Staff Member. Maggie cheered for CX while growing up and was also a member of the cheer teams at Pius X High School. She is currently attending the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, majoring in Nutrition, Health and Exercise Science- Pre Physical Therapy. Maggie attended and graduated from JamU Cheer Coaches Conference in the summer of 2013.
Meredith Bowen / Coach
- Meredith was born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska and has been involved in dance, gymnastics and cheer, training for 14 years. Meredith was a Level 10 gymnast and a member of the Cheer Xpress Level 5 team. While at CX, she was a captain of her team and competed at the 2013 and 2014 USASF Cheerleading World Championships. Meredith was a Top 10 Finalist for the America’s Best National Athlete of the Year Competition, an honor and competition based on skills, academics, school and community involvement. In the Spring of 2014, Meredith was selected as the only incoming Freshman, to be a member of the University of Nebraska Spirit Squad Cheer team.
- Shyann has 5 years of coaching experience at Cheer Xpress and coaches competition cheer, rec cheer, tumbling and our special needs team. Helped start our Special Needs Cheer Team-and was the 2012 “Special Angel Award & Scholarship” Winner at the CX banquet. Shyann has 8 years of competitive cheer and 4 years of high school cheer experience, holding the title of captain for many years. Shyann has won numerous national titles as well as the All-American Award at cheer camp. Shyann is currently attending the University of Nebraska and is a Special Education Member.
- Madison has 7 years of coaching experience at Cheer Xpress and local gymnastics academies and coaches competition cheer, rec cheer and tumbling classes at both our Lincoln and Beatrice locations. She has 9 years of competitive cheer experience at CX and is a former member of her high school cheer team where the was awarded the All-American Award at camp. Madison has won numerous national titles with her CX teams and competed at the 2013 USASF Cheerleading World Championships with her CX Level 5 team.
- Sarah has 15 years of training in cheer, dance & tumbling at Cheer Xpress and has been a member of Cheer Xpress All Star cheer teams for 11years. She has 5 years of coaching experience coaching teams, rec cheer and tumbling classes. Sarah is a senior at Lincoln Southwest High School and has been involved in high school cheer for 3 years. She is currently a member of the Varsity cheer team for the second year and is the captain of her squad this year. She has received the All-American Award at her summer camps in 2012 & 2013. She has won many national titles and is a member of the CX Level 5 team. Sarah competed at both the 2013 & 2014 USASF Cheerleading World Championships. Sarah has been a volunteer mentor and coach for our special needs team for the past 5 years.
Kayla Murray / Coach (Beatrice)
- Kayla has been a coach at Cheer Xpress since 2012 and has many years of competitive gymnastics and cheer experience. She was a member of the Iowa Western University Cheer Team from 2013-2014 and is a current member of the Midland University Cheer Team. Kayla was a member of the CX Level 5 team and competed at the 2013 Cheerleading World Championships. Kayla has won many awards with her CX and Beatrice High School Teams while growing up and was an All-American Award Winner at summer camp 2011 & 2012.
- Hannah has 8 years of competitive cheer experience at Cheer Xpress, has 4 years of coaching experience and has been a 4 year mentor & volunteer coach for our special needs team. She is a member of her high school Varsity cheer team and has won the All-American Award at her summer camps in 2012 & 2013. Hannah has won numerous team and individual national titles with Cheer Xpress and competed with our Level 5 team at both the 2013 & 2014 Cheerleading World Championships. Hannah was the Summer 2013 Cheerleading “Face of Twisted” Nominee.
- Alli has been a coach at Cheer Xpress since the fall of 2013. She has 10 years of competitive cheer experience and is a member of the CX Level 5 team. Alli is currently in her third year of high school cheer at Lincoln Southwest and is a second-year member of the Varsity Team. Alli has won many national titles with her CX teams since joining the program in 2010. She attended the summer 2014 Super Camp at Cheer Athletics in Dallas, TX and received the Blue Cat Award for work ethic, positive attitude and excellence in performance. Alli competed at both the 2013 & 2014 Cheerleading World Championships.
- Allison has been a coach at Cheer Xpress since 2010 and is currently in her 9th year of competitive cheer at CX. Alyson is in her 4th year of high school cheer at Pius X and is currently the captain of her high school Varsity Cheer Team. Alyson has won numerous national titles with her CX teams and has held the title of captain for many years. Alyson has been a mentor and volunteer for our special needs team for the past 3 years.
- Emily has 12 years of competitive cheer experience and has been a coach at CX since 2012 and a member of the CX teams since 2000. Emily is in her third year of high school cheer and is currently a second year member of the Lincoln Southwest Varsity Cheer Team. She has won many national titles with her CX teams and competed at the both the 2013 & 2014 Cheerleading World Championships with the CX Level 5 team.
- Ashley has been a coach at Cheer Xpress since 2012 and has many years of competitive dance, gymnastics and cheer training. Ashley is in her second year of high school cheer and is a second year member of the Beatrice Varsity Cheer Team. She is a member of the Cheer Xpress Level 5 team.
Taylor Headley / Coach (Lincoln & Beatrice)
- Taylor is a Junior at Lincoln High School and has been member of the Varsity Cheer Team since her Freshman year. Taylor has been involved in cheer and dance for 14 years, has been competing with CX for the past 5 years and began coaching at Cheer Xpress in 2013. Taylor coaches youth competition teams as well as tumbling and rec cheer classes. She is a two-time NCA All American Cheerleader and performed in the Disney’s Christmas Day Parade on Disney’s Main Street in Orlando, Florida with the NCA All-American Cheerleaders in 2013. Taylor has won many regional and national titles with her Cheer Xpress teams.
- Alyssa was a competitive gymnast for 9 years and is currently a second year member of the Cheer Xpress Level 5 Team. Alyssa has been coaching tumbling classes for CX since 2013 and also coached gymnastics for 2 years. She is a junior at Lincoln Southeast High School and is a member of the pole vaulting team. Alyssa competed at the 2014 Cheerleading World Championships with her CX Level 5 team.
- Sarah began coaching for Cheer Xpress in 2014 and works with tumbling classes. She has been a member of CX teams for 6 years and competed in 2013 and 2014 at the Cheerleading World Championships with the Cheer Xpress Level 5 team. Sarah is in her third year of high school cheer at Pius X High School and is currently a member of the Varsity cheer team.